Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Reading: Harriet the Spy

Harriet the Spy
By: Louise Fitzhugh
Summary-
 Harriet is a girl who "spies" on people and takes notes about them. She risks getting into trouble as she writes mean and nice descriptions about others. Suddenly after a game of tag, her notes get into the wrong hands. Her friends read every single word she wrote about them. Will Harriet save all of her relationships between her friends?

 I liked that Harriet the Spy contained several descriptive language that made me learn numerous interesting words.

 I would recommend this book to people who are pleased with adventure. Once I started reading this book, I couldn't stop.

2 comments:

  1. The summary reminds me of a movie I watched. I can't remember the title, but I'll tell you what happened. So there were a couple of teenage "populars" who kept a burn book, writing things about everyone they saw at school. They would judge what they're wearing and things like that, so it wasn't very kind.
    One of the girl in the group were fighting with the rest of the girls, so she framed them with the book. She also made a page in the book that said mean things about her so no one would think it was her, which was really clever.
    She showed them to the principal, and told the principal that she thinks it was the other girls in the group. It was like a domino and it went from this to this.
    ---
    This book is what I would enjoy reading. I will try to run to Barnes and Noble to find this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book a very long time ago when I was in third or fourth grade...I didn't really remember it too well and read it again. I think the whole idea is interesting, but it seems to me that Harriet is not a nice person. Rather, she rarely writes down any positive comments about people, even her good friends. I would like her more as a character if she seemed like a better friend.

    If you read this book, keep an eye out for the word "sedately"...the author used it at least 3 times. I wondered if she had spied on our class!

    I'm also very interested in trying a tomato sandwich.

    ReplyDelete