Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Reading: Half Moon Investigations

Book Title: Half Moon Investigations

Author: Eoin Colfer

Summary: Fletcher Moon was not like ordinary kids. He had a nickname which he had to tolerate, called "Half Moon". Also, he easily found out things like a detective since he was little! Even though his family doesn't appreciate this skill, he doesn't mind at all. After graduating Internet Class, he became the youngest private detective there ever was. The proof was a silver badge with his name on it. But even if he's a great detective, there are many twists and turns throughout his life. For instance, his badge was stolen and his classmate hires him to solve mysteries. It eventually makes one enormous problem that is hard to solve. Can Fletcher Moon solve the big problem that is forming?

I liked the book a lot, since it was filled with suspense and action. I also liked it because the big case that was forming was explained very well throughout the book, with descriptive words.

I recommend the book for people who like suspense, action, and mystery.


-D

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this author and his Artemis Fowl series, but this was the first Eoin Colfer book I read. I enjoyed the setting in Ireland.

    I really liked that the author explained the detective process and showed how the smallest observances can be important clues. Even with those clues, I was still surprised by the culprit at the end of the book.

    I had a little trouble finding this book because my library had it in a separate mystery section. If you can't find this among the other Colfer books, ask if your library also has a separate mystery section.

    ReplyDelete