Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Reading: Frindle

Book:Frindle
Author: Andrew Clements

I picked this book because Extra Credit was on the summer reading list. It was checked out but this is the same author. So I checked it out. I also picked this book because it is about a fifth grade boy and I am going into fifth grade.

In this book Nick makes up a word for pen to get the new word in the dictionary. His teacher is not happy because she really likes the way the dictionary is. One thing that surprised me about this book is that the teacher seems mean at the beginning but then she is nice. The ending is another thing that surprised me, but I won't tell you.

I think this book is for someone that wants to read a good story. It is a little bit funny and not too hard.

4 comments:

  1. I also read this book, in fact, I read it two years ago with the other members of Ms. Costello's third grade reading club. We discussed the problems the characters encountered in every chapter. Doing this helped me understand the book better.
    It was a really good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a chance to meet Brian Selznick, the illustrator of the book. After hearing about his work on the book, I decided to read it (I have a copy of the book that he signed). I really enjoyed the book because it shows the change that one person is able to make. Being a teacher, I like how important Nick's teacher is to his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also in Ms. Costello's reading group for Frindle. It was so much fun answering all the questions about the book. I enjoyed the book a lot, since it was humorous.

    -Divya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also read this book with a few classmates in Ms.Costello's class last year. It was a great book to read with such great detail. My favorite part was when Nick just suddenly named a pen "frindle". Since Frindle was a fantastic story, I checked out other books by the same author.

    -An

    ReplyDelete