Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hunger Games book recommendation

The first recommendation came on the last day of school! Here it is:
 
The Hunger Games - Book 1
By: Susan Collins
-
( Summary )
The book had many twists and turns that made my skin quiver. The setting was placed in what was left over of North America. It was in a place called Panem, where a strict capital orders all the districts in the nation ( 12 districts ) to send one boy and one girl to fight in a bone chilling battle with the rest of the districts. In a raffle, Peeta Mellark and Prim-Rose Everdeen get chosen to be in the Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen takes the place of her little sister. She had to look after her family after tragic things had happened to her.
District 12 is the underdog of all the districts. Could one of Peeta and Katniss win? After all, only one winner could be crowned.
-
I liked how the book had so much vivid detail. You could clearly paint a picture in your head even though most people haven't been in an event like this.
-
I would recommend it to people who love adventure and action because the Hunger Games is a bloody battle and half of me wanted to keep reading to see what happens, and the other urged me not to read on in fright.

2 comments:

  1. I have read this book as well. I really liked it, but it also made me very sad because the storyline is about a competitition with violence. I'm glad that this isn't real, because that would be really horrible. If you don't like gory details, this book probably isn't for you. It's a difficult book, so if you are up for the challenge, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this book, and agree that it is fascinating. Some parts made a chill go up my spine, while others made me feel crestfallen. My favorite part was when Prim(Katniss's sister) got selected as a tribute, but Katniss volunteered, concerned about Prime's safeness. Throughout the story the descriptions made me feel like I was in the book. I would also suggest this terrific book to discover the twists and turns of The Hunger Games.
      - An

      Delete